April showers and spring cleaning serve as a reminder that it’s time to start fresh – and the same is true when it comes to your air conditioner. Central Iowans are accustomed to warming up our vehicles before heading out on a cold winter day. On the flip side, you will want to test drive your air conditioner before the summer heat kicks in. Remember, routine maintenance is the best way to stay ahead of problems, cut down on costly repairs and ensure your air conditioner is operating at peak performance.
Here are a few signs your air conditioner may need a check-up from one of Wyckoff’s SAVE-certified technicians this spring:
- Failure to start. If your HVAC systems fails to start when you turn on your air conditioner, contact a Wyckoff technician. Your unit may be suffering from a variety of issues, including an electrical issue, bad capacitor or malfunctioning thermostat. The SAVE-certified professionals at Wyckoff Heating & Cooling will help you make the best decision for your home. From minor solutions to complete replacements, our technicians always have your best interests in mind and can assist you with all possible system rebates.
- Lack of R-22. If your air conditioner was installed prior to 2004, chances are it utilizes the refrigerant R-22. With the phase out of the refrigerant, cost and availability will begin to impact homeowners and businesses alike. Before you make a decision on whether to repair or replace your AC unit, weigh the following options with one of our professionals: the current age of your air conditioner, efficiency of the system, whether alternative refrigerants are compatible, cost and manufacturer guidelines.
- Continuous running: If your air conditioner continues to run without avail, contact a heating and cooling professional today. This issue may be attributed to several issues. Wyckoff’s skilled technicians can help you achieve your optimum home comfort level before it gets out of control.
- Uneven cooling. If certain rooms in your home are not receiving the same level of cooling as others, your air conditioner may have an issue with its zone control dampers or duct damage. This is a sign your air conditioner is not achieving its maximum performance and may be costing you in the long run.
- Change in electrical bills. Dirty vents and unsealed ducts significantly increase your home’s energy usage in the summer. If you notice a spike or change in your electrical bills during a time when the air conditioner runs regularly, it may be time to call in a professional.
Wyckoff specializes in the home heating and cooling needs of Des Moines and Central Iowa. Let our SAVE-certified technicians help you achieve your home comfort goals this spring. And remember, our qualified team is available for emergency service 24/7 through our emergency hotline – because your family’s comfort is our number one priority.
For more seasonal tips read more of our tips in our blog, including what to expect with your Spring Service Check, Wyckoffs Top List of Spring To-Do’s and a better understanding of what filter is right for you. At Wyckoff Heating & Cooling, your comfort is our number one priority. Don’t miss your opportunity to maximize your home’s efficiency and comfort this spring.
Listen to Job Cooper talk about their Peace of Mind AC check and the importance of making your unit is ready for the upcoming summer.