- Are Sub-Zero Temperatures Causing Ice and Moisture to Form on Your Windows and Doors? Here’s Why, and How You Can Prevent It
- Wyckoff’s Furnace Repair FAQ
- Prevent Dry Indoor Air from Taking a Toll on Your Home and Family
- MidAmerican Rebates to Decrease 60% in 2018: Don’t Miss Your Opportunity to Save on HVAC Installation This Year
- 5 Reasons to Add an Electric Fireplace to Your Home this Holiday Season
Tag Archives: hvac repair
Did you know, routine HVAC maintenance can actually keep money in your wallet? Your furnace and air conditioner are one of the most expensive components of your home. That’s why, making the investment for proper care and maintenance are important to ensure your home comfort, at an affordable price. In fact, a majority of all furnace and air conditioning issues we see at Wyckoff – approximately 80 percent – could have been avoided with adequate, routine maintenance.
Here are a few of the reasons HVAC maintenance is important to your home comfort and budget:
- Decrease the risk of unexpected breakdowns: HVAC systems tend to break down when they are working the hardest or after long periods without use. For example, during extreme Iowa temperatures, your furnace has to work overtime to keep your home at optimal temperatures. Well-maintained units are less likely to fail during this time if homeowners have kept up-to-date on inspections and maintenance checks prior to exceptionally hot or cold spells.
- Save on repairs: Catching an issue before it becomes a larger problem can mean the difference between replacing an individual system component versus the entire unit. HVAC systems are complex – they have moving parts that can break or crack, parts that need lubrication to function properly and collect dust and debris that can prevent them from working. An experienced professional can find and repair these issues so you can avoid an expensive repair or system replacement. By preventing future repairs, annual maintenance pays for itself.
- Keep energy costs in check: It’s easy to get caught up in our daily routines without thinking twice about our furnace or air conditioner, especially when it appears to be heating or cooling your home without any sign of a problem. However, an HVAC unit that is running efficiently, as well as a home that is properly insulated, means less money spent on electricity, heating and cooling costs. According to Energy Star.gov, 46 percent of a home’s utility bill (based on a 3,000 square-foot, single-family home) derives from its heating and cooling system. That could equate to significant monthly savings on your utility bills.
- Maximize system longevity: Get the most for your money by extending the lifetime of your furnace and air conditioner. At Wyckoff Heating & Cooling, we understand spending your hard earned money on a new HVAC system may not be the most exciting purchase. The good news is, with routine maintenance you can lengthen the life span of both. HVAC equipment functions best when it’s regularly serviced and cleaned. One malfunctioning part can cause a domino effect that causes the entire system to break down. Regular maintenance prevents this from happening and adds years to your equipment’s lifespan. The longer you can keep your system running at optimum performance, the more money you keep in your pocket!
- Improve indoor air quality and safety: A properly maintained HVAC unit will not only keep a home warm or cool, but it will prevent problems with indoor air quality. An unmaintained HVAC unit is a breeding ground for dirt, mold and bacteria, all of which can cause or worsen respiratory problems for those living in the home.Another key component of routine maintenance is safety. For example, trained professionals can catch a cracked heat exchanger to prevent the emission of harmful gases, such as carbon monoxide, from leaking in your home.