- 6 Ways to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality this Fall
- Identifying Furnace Smells: What’s Normal and When to call Wyckoff
- Wyckoff Partners with Hubbell Realty to Rebuild Ronald McDonald House
- 4 Ways to Get the Most from Your Ceiling Fans
- What Excess Humidity is Doing to Your Home and How You can Prevent it
Tag Archives: choose an hvac system
We make hundreds of decisions every day. From what to eat for breakfast to routine habits at work, we are constantly making choices that require little thought. However, at Wyckoff Heating & Cooling, we know your larger purchases – such as buying a new vehicle or a new furnace or air conditioner – take careful consideration and research. After all, these decisions will impact you and your family for many years to come.
Let’s consider the factors you should examine when choosing the right HVAC system for your home:
- System Size: When purchasing a new furnace or air conditioner, one of the most important factors we consider is how much heating and cooling capacity the home needs to keep occupants comfortable. This depends on factors such as square footage, number of rooms, insulation, placement of windows and doors, plans for additions and position to the sun. Having the right-sized system is essential for numerous reasons, but mostly to ensure removal of humidity, maintain temperature and keep utility costs down. Oddly enough, over-sized systems can lead to all of these concerns. A correctly sized cooling system, on the other hand, will run long enough to clear moisture from the air and allow you to be comfortable at a higher thermostat setting.
- Efficiency Ratings: Today’s HVAC systems are more efficient than ever. If you’re looking for a new furnace or air conditioner, be sure the check the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER), Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) and Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF). The higher the rating for each, the less energy the system uses, and in turn, the more money you save.
- Manufacturer: Before replacing your furnace, air conditioner or heat pump, you will want to learn the difference between HVAC manufacturers. Today, there are approximately six HVAC equipment manufacturers across the country that offer over 150 brands – and these brands are made by even fewer companies. Wyckoff Heating & Cooling selects and offers the products we know are proven and have the best warranties to offer our customers. So the real difference is…your contractor.
- Contractor: Finding the right HVAC installer may be the single most important factor in purchasing your new furnace or air conditioner. These are complex appliances that work hard to keep your family comfortable through extreme Iowa temperatures. Even if you invest in the highest quality system, without proper installation, you won’t reap the benefits of efficiency and comfort. Wyckoff Heating & Cooling offers certified contractors to best assist you with installation, answer any questions you may have and get you set up with the best system warranties around. Before you choose your HVAC contractor, be sure to read online reviews, check licensing and ask about certification. We hope you will choose Wyckoff.
For more information on HVAC systems, contact us or call (800) 246-0273.