Tag Archives: broken furnace
With the first freeze of winter behind us, by now even the toughest, most price-conscious homeowners have turned on their furnace for the winter. But what can you do to ensure the extreme Iowa temperatures don’t get the best of your furnace? Whether you have an old furnace, ten years-plus in age, or a newer furnace, your HVAC system – and your wallet – will benefit from a call to Wyckoff Heating & Cooling.
- Take advantage of tax credits and rebates. If you have an older furnace, now is the time to take advantage of significant savings. Tax credits and rebates are available on Wyckoff’s energy efficient systems. But don’t wait! Last year, energy companies decreased rebate offerings by 25 percent. Though we can’t predict the future, we would hate for you to miss out on significant savings if energy company rebates decrease in 2018. For HVAC purchases made by December 31, 2017, you may qualify for more than $1,500 in rebates from your energy carrier.
- Live with Peace of Mind. Don’t wait for your furnace to break to contact Wyckoff Heating & Cooling. With the winter season already in motion, customer calls are peaking. You can ensure your home is at the top of our list by investing in Wyckoff’s Peace of Mind Planned Service program. No matter the age of your furnace, it’s important to continue routine maintenance to avoid costly, significant repairs down the road.
The Wyckoff Peace of Mind program includes: two, annual service visits, 10 percent off regular service rates, 15 percent off parts and accessories and helpful tips from our experts to help save on energy costs and ensure quality comfort year-round – all for $168 plus tax, or as little as $14 a month. As an added bonus, Peace of Mind participants have access to our skilled technicians any time of day, without overtime charges for nights, weekends or holidays.
- Decrease the risk of a break down.HVAC systems tend to break when they are working the hardest. During an Iowa winter, that could mean when you are hosting family and friends over the holidays or when the temperature suddenly drops and your furnace works overtime to keep you warm. This increase in run time enhances the probability for system failure. Contact Wyckoff for your routine service inspection to ensure all furnace components are functioning properly, before it’s too late.
- Prolong the life of your furnace. The longer you put off having an annual furnace inspection, the more likely you will experience a break down. According to the Department of Energy, proper maintenance extends the life of your furnace and saves you money. The longer you can keep your system running at optimum performance, the more money you keep in your wallet. Preventive maintenance on your furnace guarantees that furnace parts work together to heat your home safely and reliably for years to come.
- Keep energy costs down and increase efficiency. Did you know, 46 percent of the cost for the average single-family home’s utility bill derives from its HVAC system? If you neglect annual furnace inspections, particles like dust and dirt can accumulate on moving parts. This causes your furnace to work harder than necessary to maintain the heat in your home, which compromises efficiency. During a Wyckoff inspection, our service technicians will clean furnace components and ensure adequate functionality – in turn, decreasing your utility costs.
- Ensure the health and safety of your family. Regular HVAC system maintenance will help you avoid silent threats to your health from indoor air quality issuesor carbon monoxide. Remember, your furnace utilizes fossil fuels, such as natural gas, propane or oil. If your furnace develops a cracked heat exchanger, harmful combustion gases from those fossil fuels could leak into your home. Inspecting for potential issues is just another way routine maintenance with Wyckoff will pay off in the long run.
If your furnace is on its last leg or if you’re considering routine maintenance, contact Wyckoff for a free furnace or HVAC system estimate today.