- Are Sub-Zero Temperatures Causing Ice and Moisture to Form on Your Windows and Doors? Here’s Why, and How You Can Prevent It
- Wyckoff’s Furnace Repair FAQ
- Prevent Dry Indoor Air from Taking a Toll on Your Home and Family
- MidAmerican Rebates to Decrease 60% in 2018: Don’t Miss Your Opportunity to Save on HVAC Installation This Year
- 5 Reasons to Add an Electric Fireplace to Your Home this Holiday Season
Tag Archives: air conditioner repair
Summer in Iowa means one thing – many long, hot days ahead. While you take extra precaution to keep yourself hydrated and out of the sun during the heat of the day, your air conditioner is also working overtime to keep you cool indoors. That’s why it’s important to schedule your air conditioner tune-up today. Make sure your AC unit can withstand the heat and avoid getting stranded without air conditioning by having a Wyckoff professional examine your air conditioner before it’s too late.
Here’s why now is the time for routine maintenance:
- Avoid costly repairs with Peace of Mind: At Wyckoff Heating & Cooling, we often see the most issues with air conditioners when they are turned on after periods of no or minimal use. Homeowners can anticipate and prevent failures by having HVAC systems checked by a professional service technician. Many threats can be eliminated through routine maintenance, in turn avoiding costly repairs. We encourage central Iowans to take advantage of our Peace of Mind Planned Service program. The program features two, annual service visits, 10 percent off regular service rates, 15 percent off parts and accessories and helpful tips from our experts to help save on your energy costs and ensure you experience quality comfort year-round.
- Ensure availability: When summer arrives, our technicians are busier than ever. As homeowners start to use their air conditioners and temperatures rise, we experience an influx of breakdowns. Make sure your home is on our list before a breakdown occurs so that you don’t go a day without air conditioning. Remember – for as little as $14 a month, Peace of Mind planned service participants have access to our skilled technicians any time of day and receive priority service when something does go wrong with your HVAC system – day or night.
- Save energy and increase efficiency: Even if your system is currently working, air conditioners without proper and regular maintenance work harder and run longer. And, the longer it takes for your air conditioner to meet the temperature you have set on your thermostat, the more money it costs to operate. Did you know, each year your air conditioner loses approximately five percent of its power if not adequately maintained? It takes a small amount of time and little investment for our service technician to complete a routine tune-up – it takes much longer and is often more expensive to get it fixed.
- Extend and determine system lifetime: HVAC systems that receive routine maintenance last longer. Just as your vehicle requires regular oil changes and tire rotations, your air conditioner needs proper maintenance to meet its expected lifetime. If you believe you are in need of a new air conditioner, Wyckoff can help you weigh your options, and if needed, find the right fit for your home. Factors you will want to consider include: current age of your air conditioner (ACs should last between 15 and 20 years), condition, cost and frequency of repairs, and energy efficiency.